Hello MPE Parents and Guardians,
I want to give you as much information today as I can regarding school start up next week. This email includes specific information for the Kindergarten gradual entry, as well as info for all new and returning students. I can’t tell you how happy I am that we are planning for your children’s return to school.
I have been attempting to keep the email list updated but there are still likely some changes that need to take place. Mrs. Edgar will be working on updating the email list when she returns.
For all Kindergarten students:
Below is some information regarding the gradual entry process for our Kindergarten students this year. We have sped up the process to get our students into the classrooms as quickly as we can, but wanted to retain some of the integrity of the gradual entry process, so the transition into Kindergarten is not diminished in any way for our new students.
There will be no School for Kindergarten Students on Monday. We will be calling parents individual on Monday to set up an interview time on Tuesday and Wednesday. We appreciate that this is very short notice. Thank you for understanding on this.
Tuesday and Wednesday
Interviews will take place with the Teacher, Parents and student. If you can, please keep any siblings at home, and preferably all guardians can attend. However, we understand that under such short notice this may be unreasonable to ask. The purpose of these interviews are about building a relationship with the teacher/student and family, and acquainting the child and family to the learning process of Kindergarten.
Class for Kindergarten students will take place from 8:30 – 12:00. This will be a one day gradual entry. There will not be bus service for K students on this day.
Thursday morning we will also hold a social for parents in the library at 8:30am. There will be coffee and treats, and an opportunity to connect with other new parents.
Students attend for the first full day of Kindergarten 8:30-2:42pm
For any new student to MPE in grades 1 to 7:
- All new students to MPE should report to the library on Monday morning at 8:30. New students will be placed in a temporary classroom until Wednesday morning.
- Parents of Kindergarten and new students are welcome to join us in the Library for coffee and muffins on Thursday Sept 25th from 8:30-9:15 for a social.
For all returning students in grades 1-7:
- School will begin on Monday, September 22 at 8:30 am. Students will be dismissed at 12:00pm.
- The bus will be running to reflect this schedule on Monday the 22nd
- Tuesday will be a full day with regular bus schedules
- Students in grades 1 to 7 will return to their last year’s teacher for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
New classroom placements for this year will be done as soon as possible. Our goal is to have students in their new classes sometime on Wednesday.
I will send more information as it becomes available. Again, thanks for your patience and due to the high volume of organization, scheduling, etc that is required to be completed today, I may not be able to respond to email inquiries in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
Myrtle Philip Community School