The Myrtle Philip Community School Parent Advisory Council (MPCS PAC) is made up of parent volunteers who oversee a wide variety of fundraising initiatives and programs that help support our students, teachers and the administration of our school.
We believe that by involving and informing parents, we will have a more supportive and effective school environment for our children. It is up to us to work together as a community to ensure our children have the best possible school experience.
This year we need to raise funds for our school, and we need your support!
PAC SUPPORTED INITIATIVES:
- $22,000 Technology Investment: 27 iPads, 11 iPad mini’s, 1 cart, 1 laptop and protective covers.
- Significant investment in resources to develop play based early learning centre for the primary grades
- Arts programming
- Sexual health programming
- Internet Safety programming
- Running program
- Additional Capital Expenditures (TBA)
Our annual fundraising initiatives include:
- Hot Lunch Program (September – June)
MPCS PAC’s Hot Lunch Program is our most important annual fundraising activity, raising up to $20,000 over 35 weeks of the school year. For 2013-2014, this program includes a hot lunch program 3 days a week for 3 sessions:
I. Fall/Winter: September 24 to December 20, 2013 (13 weeks)
II. Winter: January 7 to March 14, 2014 (10 weeks)
III. Spring: April 1 to June 20, 2014 (12 weeks)
- Lovable Labels (ongoing) – LINK to http://www.mpcs.lovablelabels.ca
- Christmas Cards (October – November)
- We also apply for several government grants to support programming and supplies
Our annual events include:
- Welcome Back Barbeque (September)
- Trinkets and Treasures (December)
- PAC School Directory (January)
- Artist in Residence (February)
- Fun Day (June)
If you would like to get involved, please contact the PAC Chair: Melanie Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org